Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Can I

think I love you just because Obama won the elections and everybody is so happy about it? Yes, I can ...
... standing at the corner of Sunset and Alvorado with a bunch of people screaming at passing cars honking, drinking beer and whatever, playing music, dancing, buying t-shirts saying "obama wins". It felt like new years eve only so much better because it came without the feeling that there has to be some change but except for the fact that another year is to come you're not sure how this is going to happen?
The fact that 64 % of the people between 18 and 29 voted for Obama is impressive compared to how people under 30 voted in the austrian elections and when was the last time you thought: now I have a president I doesn't have to feel ashamed of?
It felt as if the world was holding its breath today - my living room was flooded, my car didn't start, the streets were kind of empty - and now I am just excited about what will happen next ...
and maybe it will be first about getting sober and thinking about prop 8. But this night we ended - again - at taco truck and that's a good sign for me.

No comments: